Here are a few pictures of our week.
In the tree with Nana.
Learning to dig in the sand and get the sand in the bucket! This was the first of many trips to the beach. We made it to the ocean once a day day, sometimes twice. Ethan was constantly talking about the "ocean" "rocks" "crash"(that's what the waves do). He was in heaven and could have spent all day out at the ocean.
Fun with Auntie Kara.
Checking out the ocean with Uncle Eric.

No trip to Monterey would be complete without hearing and seeing the bag piper. We actually made it there twice. Once Eric, Kara, Kevin and I went. Ethan stayed with Nana and Papa. It was great to chill by the fire with some drinks and calamari. The next night we took Ethan and he loved seeing the bag piper, he clapped after every song. Kevin took this great picture of the guy playing.
Throwing rocks with daddy. Ethan could throw rocks into the water for hours.
Checking out the crab.
More rock throwing!
Chillin' with daddy in the backyard.
On Tuesday morning we decided to take a break from the ocean. We went to a Monarch Sanctuary, where unfortunately there were only 3 monarchs spotted. So we headed over to the Dennis the Mennis park in Monterey. It is an awesome park, Ethan loved it and will love it even more the older he gets.
With daddy in the "chugga chugga". They have an old engine there that kids can climb and play on.
On the bridge with mommy.
Here are Kevin and Ethan with Caleb, Keith and Eli,throwing rocks into the ocean. The boys had a blast exploring God's creation.
It was a wonderful week, but we were ready to be home too. Now Kevin is busy working on a sand box for Ethan. I'll post pictures when he finishes.

















2 comments:
These are some of the best pics of EJ that I have seen. He is a cool kid and throwing rocks is a lot of fun. I noticed he had a soccer ball in the first picture, but he is at the golf course...oh well. I also like the picture of you EJ and Kevin on the couch (I imagine the subtitle as 'Kevin gets distrupted from relaxing for a quick picture'. You look like you had a lot of fun and although life is not always a beach it is fun when it is for a few days.
I'm glad I get to write beneath Ethan's biggest fan. That way I can just say, "What he said." Seriously though, that pic of the three of you better be in a frame somewhere the next time I visit! It is...oh...what's the feminine word...precious?
I must say that all these pics of perfect weather, perfect golf courses, beaches and sunshine make me want to sell my car and fly out!
I need to b.s. with Kevin soon about the Final four, the Masters, baseball starting, the Sharks choking, etc. soon anyways. A couple of cold beers and a freshly manicured and landscaped backyard patio on a warm valley night in Rip-town would suit me fine right about now. Good friends and cute kid don't hurt either. I need a good chuckle too so John and Brenda need to be there.
All I need is an excuse to get out of the internship...hmmmm...let me think on that. In the meantime, thanks for the post and GO KANSAS!!!!
Post a Comment