Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Life

Nothing super exciting happening over here at the Schenks. We're just doing life and finally settling into a rhythm. A routine that will change soon I'm sure because that's what happens when you have infants around. Everyone is battling colds right now, the joy of having one in preschool. I think Hudson and Brooklyn have had coughs for 1/2 their lives, poor babies. Here are a few pictures and a video to show what we've been up to.



Ethan got this sweatsuit from Opa and Oma for Christmas. Little did they know that the colors on the sweatsuit are his school's colors. This is Ethan's FAVORITE outfit and he usually wears it 4 days a week. Sometimes just as "warm ups" over his "basketball" outfit. Hudson is wearing the blue and gold outfit Ethan wore to Kevin's basketball games when he was a baby. Ethan had to have a picture with their matching outfits. Hudson and Brooklyn LOVE to have their big sister and brother talk to them. Ethan especially is good at making them laugh. It comes in handy when they are fussing while I'm working on dinner.

Hudson and Brooklyn no longer share a crib. We set up a second crib in their room over Christmas break. It makes the room nice and cozy, but it works. I wanted to take this picture though to show how much they've grown over the past five months. Remember this picture?

H and B love to look at each other now and usually end up smiling and talking to each other. They are getting stronger everyday. They both enjoy the exersaucer, Hudson especially. Hudsers has rolled over from his tummy to back a few times, but we've yet to see rolls from Brooklyn. They both squirm around a lot though.

At their 4 month check up Brooklyn was a pound lighter than Hudson, I'd say it's closer to a 2 pound difference now. She is petite and a finicky eater. Her bottles need to be just the right temperature or she spits them out and she definitely knows when she is full. If only I would stop eating immediately when I'm full:)

Hudson is still our smiley little social bug. He loves when anyone stops to talk to him and I'm not sure he ever gets full:) The babes are doing awesome at night. They are sleeping about 10-12 hours at night. I have to replace a binky now and then, but they can usually make it until 4:30 or later before they need to eat. Now if I could just get to bed at 7:00 when they do I'd be a well rested woman! I do feel a lot better though with the longer stretches of sleep I've been getting.

I realize I don't have any pictures of Miss Morgan on this post. I've been thinking about doing a special post just about her. She is definitely our most challenging child right now, but she also brings the biggest laughs. I'm working on taking some pictures of her incredible fashion sense to share with you all.

I'll leave you with this video of the babes giggling at each other. Not a better sound in the world.

2 comments:

Oma said...

You are right Lyndsay, no better sound in the world than laughing babies. Hudson and Brooklyn are getting so big, good thing we are coming again in Feb. See you soon, Love Opa & Oma

betsy said...

It's almost like they're trying to make each other laugh. How precious. I do hope you're over your colds though. Being with sick kids full time is the pits.