In some ways it feels like Hudson and Brooklyn have been a part of our family forever, and yet it seems like just yesterday we brought them home from the hospital and very slowly started to accept the fact that we really had twins. It feels so good to be past the "baby baby" stage. They aren't eating in the middle of the night any more, they take 3 fairly good naps a day, they are easily entertained by each other, toys, their older brother and sister and mommy and daddy, they love to interact and talk and they are overall content and happy babies. It feels like somewhat of a victory to have survived the first 6 months. I remember several times in those first few weeks thinking....I can't wait until the babies are 6 months old....and here we are. God has been shaping and molding Kevin and I to accept the gifts he has given us in Hudson and Brooklyn. It is definitely a journey and it feels good to be further along the road then we were 6 months ago. I can safely say I am a better person than I was a year and a half ago and I have learned to trust God more which has lead to a deeper relationship with him. We are settling into a rhythm now. I would say the hardest thing about adding 2 babies instead of just one has been my inability to just "quick run an errand." There is nothing quick about loading 3 or 4 kids in the van to go to the grocery store or Target. Errand running now takes careful planning and usually happens without any little ones in tow.
Hudson Lee
6 month stats
18 lbs 5 oz
27 1/2 inches
Mr. Hudson is our happy little Bubba. He loves to smile and laugh. He loves to be held and cuddle. He starts frantically kicking when he knows he is going to be picked up. I think his favorite people are his big brother and sister.
Brooklyn Helena
6 month stats
15 lbs 13 oz
27 inches
Brooklyn is our little squirt. She is by far my littlest baby. She is a little more reserved with her smiles, but is beginning to warm up and smile a little quicker for those she doesn't know. She seems to be very aware of what is going on around her and loves to watch us do life around her.
Both kids love the excersaucer. Thank goodness for all the toys and contraptions that clutter our family room, but make mommy's job easier:)
Ethan took this picture for me. A rare photo of mommy and the babes.
Hudson and Brooklyn love to lay on the floor and play together. I often find them holding hands or trying to suck on each others fingers. The other day I found Brooklyn sucking on Hudson's foot. Good think he isn't walking around outside yet.
We're trying to introduce solid foods to H and B. Unfortunately I have a hard time remembering to do this every day. Their doctor says I need to be better about getting them to eat solid foods. I figure they won't be drinking only milk their whole lives, they'll figure it out sooner or later...right?
The other thing we need to be working on more is sitting up. Again...they won't be strictly laying on their backs and tummies forever....right?
I snapped this picture right before I caught Brooklyn falling over. I was pleasantly surprised how well they did when I practiced sitting with them for a little while. In the pictures it looks like they were sitting up all day, but it was really only 3 or 4 seconds, don't let the pics deceive you:)
I am still taking weekly pics of Brooklyn and Hudson individually with their bears, and together. I think the picture of them together will be getting quite interesting very soon.
So there's an update on Hudson and Brooklyn. We can't imagine our life without them.
6 comments:
your family is just absolutely precious its a joy seeing them grow!!
Congratulations!!! You made it to 6 mo.! Your kids have definitely lost the new baby look. They are so cute! It's fun to see some personality come through! I remember feeling quite overwhelmed going to the doctor and hearing about all the things I should be doing and wasn't. Don't let it stress you out. They will get there eventually and I learned to let Ryan do a lot of these things when he got home from work (like reading books to them, helping with tummy time, etc) and that really helped take some pressure off me.
Awww! The babies are Sooo cute. So 6 months is the magic age?? :) looking forward to better sleeps myself... Can't IMAGINE 2 (plus2!!)
Congratulations are definitely in order. You and Kevin have handled this change with such grace. At least from the outside. :) For sure, don't worry about what you "should" be doing. It's always about what works for you and your family. There are things to be working towards, but timelines are singularly unhelpful in my humble opinion.
I just put my 21 month old in a bed for goodness sake. I was just sick of having a crib.
Fun update. Thanks. It's hard to not compare stats when you have an almost-six-month yourself. I am jealous because Isaiah struggles with naps!!! He mostly sleeps 10-12 hours at night, but definitely doesn't get three naps in (two if its a good day, and trust me, I try). What is your secret? Isaiah is definitely not a "chunk" either. I am hoping he is over 16 lbs at 6-month visit, but we'll see. I do know he'll be tall, ha... Do the twins roll from back to front? Isaiah has no interest... he would rather sit up (which he can do for several minutes at a time). Finally, I haven't introduced solids yet... maybe in a month or two. Breastfeeding is going well. =) Again, thanks for the fun update. They're quite adorable... your whole family is.
-Colleen Kron~
Nice pics and it was great to see them in the flesh this past week.
Post a Comment