When I was in High school the main reason I quit basketball was because I hated running. Now, 15 years and 4 kids later I completed my first half marathon. This past summer I started running with a group of ladies I met through MOMS club. We get up crazy early (5 am most mornings) and run and chat. It's a perfect mix really, I get time with my friends and exercise and everyone else is still sleeping, so no one needs me. As I slowly began increasing my speed and mileage I decided to do something I always said I never would...run a half marathon. Kevin agreed to do it with me, so back in December we signed up.
Before the race in the parking lot by our truck. It was a chilly morning so we hung out in the truck as long as possible.
Me and some of my running girls.
Kev and I, one more pre-race picture. Kevin set a new PR of 1hr 38 min. It was my goal to run it in under 2 hours and I finished in 1 hr 56 min.
I can honestly say I had fun running and we are already making plans to run another one in November. Maybe I should give basketball another try:)
3 comments:
WooHoo! I am so proud of you! I am also a bit jealous I didn't get to play with you. Really, Congrats!
Way to go, Lyndsay! And Kevin! What a great post! You are so cute about the basketball thing. I wish you were closer so I could be motivated to get back in shape. Not as much fun running on your own or shooting hoops solo.
Post a Comment